I have not heard of the Liebster Award until I was nominated for it. I would like to thank The Travelling Historian for nominating me and am excited to answer Marsha’s questions. Here are my answers to her questions:
1. How many languages do you speak or do you ever learn some of the language of the country you are visiting?
I speak English and some French. I try to learn basic phrases while visiting a country with a foreign language.
2. How many countries have you visited?
14 countries: Venezuela, France, Spain, Italy, New Zealand, Fiji, Mexico, Peru, Canada, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Iceland, and Ireland
3. What is on your travel bucket list (if you have one)?
I have a life list on my blog. The most desirable destinations on the list are Thailand and Africa. Please click here for the entire list.
4. Have you ever traveled solo?
Yes. I traveled to France for my study abroad program. It was a great learning experience for me and my travels. However, I normally travel with my boyfriend.
5. Do you prefer hostels or hotels?
It depends on the trip. I usually prefer hostels or camping. I usually try to find the best deal out there and then stay in the accommodation that best fits my budget.
6. What is your best or favorite travel tip?
Be flexible when traveling. Book your trip based on deals and promotions to save money. Also, travel cannot be planned to the last second, so it is always good to have a list of activities to fill your time if plans change.
7. If you could visit only one country, which would it be and why?
Antarctica. I like going where most people would never think of going. Even though I am a huge cold baby, I do enjoy visiting cooler locations.
8. What type of camera do you use?
I recently received a Canon T3i Rebel to replace my XSi. I am excited to use the video feature. I also use my phone’s camera when I can’t pull out the DSLR.
9. Have you ever been scammed in a foreign country? If not, how do you avoid scammers?
Yes. I was at Sacré-Cœur Basilica when someone grabbed my wrist and started making a bracelet for me. I was roped into paying as they tied it to my wrist. I learned my lesson and have a memorable story for something I can make myself!
10. Name your top three favorite blogs!
It was hard for me to find bloggers with less than 200 followers, so here are my nominations even if some a just over 200.
Rules to the Liebster Nominations:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back up to his/her blog.
- Answer the 10 (or 11!) questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers for the award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- What is the main goal of your blog?
- What makes a successful travel blog?
- Share your favorite blog post and title.
- At what age did you get a “travel bug”?
- What is the duration of your longest trip?
- Where is your next trip and why?
- What devices do you use to blog from on the road (laptop, tablet, etc.)?
- What is your favorite travel app?
- What is one travel blogging tip you can share for other travel bloggers?
- If you had an infinite budget, where would you fly tomorrow?
If you liked this post, please share it. To follow me on my journey to travel the world please subscribe to my RSS feed or any of my social networks.